Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates strategies and initiatives to garner support for the college from foundations, corporations and governmental entities.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Researches, develops, and submits funding proposals in collaboration with college administrators and faculty based on identified college needs and priorities.
- In consultation with the Provost, Controller and appropriate department head, reviews all grants prior to submission for consistency with Juniata's mission and capacities, and approves or rejects the submission.
- Researches corporate, foundation and governmental prospects for various projects and recommends an approach, proposal design, and strategies for solicitation.
- Develops and maintains relationships with foundation, corporate and government contacts.
- Develops interest in and support for the college's needs and priorities.
- Plans and assists with fund raising activities and programs to promote foundation, corporate government support.
- In collaboration with the Prospect Researcher, prepares and reviews prospect and donor tracking and reporting systems.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Associate Vice-President for Development. Works collaboratively with diverse individuals and organizations in support of established priorities and goals. Has direct supervisory responsibilities of one staff person, but must also work effectively in multiple team relationships.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree. A graduate degree in marketing or a business discipline is desirable. Capabilities sufficient to demonstrate expertise in oral and written communication, including proposal writing required.
- Two years fund raising/development experience, sufficient to demonstrate competency in prospect solicitation and fund raising.
- PC competency, at least at the intermediate level with office systems software.