Plans, implements, and evaluates policies resources for the Early Childhood Education Center.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Enroll toddlers and preschoolers into the accredited, licensed early childhood educational program.
- Plan, deliver, and assess early childhood program for toddlers, preschoolers, and parents. Plan and deliver developmentally appropriate experiences for children.
- Plan curriculum, teach, and supervise college students through classroom and practicum experience.
- Provide feedback to parents regarding their child's experience and development.
- Perform administrative duties including budget, accreditation, licensure, and facilities management of the Center.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently under general guidelines and directions. Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Supervise and direct students and volunteers.
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree and preferably a Master's Degree in early childhood education or related discipline. Teacher certification in early childhood or special education.
- At least two years teaching experience in an early childhood center sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with: curriculum design, student practicum supervision, classroom teaching, and PC office software at least at the intermediate level.