The Director for Enrollment Data Analysis and Research works closely with the Vice President for Enrollment to insure that the Enrollment Division applies data to drive its strategic planning and execution of tasks. A significant component of this role is research and will require working closely members of the Enrollment Division and Institutional Research to determine data needs and execute data requests. Additionally, he/she will supervise the management of the Enrollment Division’s databases and assists with managing the Enrollment Division's data support systems. She/he will assist in anticipating and recommending technology needs and upgrades in terms of software and hardware to support data management and utility.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Enrollment Division staff to fully and effectively utilize the division’s databases and computer systems.
- Utilizes his/her understanding of the data available to inform tactical and strategic decision-making for the Enrollment Division.
- Structures, maintains, retrieves, and assesses data to inform tactical and strategic decision-making.
- Designs, generates, and produces standard analytical reports.
- Partners with Institutional Research to provide data for the needs of the institutional research.
- Consults with institutional research staff on the efficacy of analytical approaches to be used in the evaluation of enrollment activities.
- Performs related duties as needed.
This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or significant related work experience, including database management, reporting, and execution (experience with HTML, SQL+, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and InfoPath) and FTP servers and data importing and exporting is expected).
- Experience with Ellucian (formerly Datatel) or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex data.
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse constituency.
- A commitment to liberal arts education and cultural diversity.