Serves as principal administrator responsible for design, construction, alteration, operation, and maintenance of the facilities and grounds of the college.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative direction to the facilities of staff, which includes maintenance, custodial, landscaping and grounds, and utilities operations.
- Recommends and administers budgets for facilities operations. Approves major repair projects.
- Provides departmental policy guidance and approves changes in existing facilities operating policies and procedures. Negotiates and administers collective bargaining agreement.
- Recommends budgets for construction and/or renovation projects. Interviews, selects and hires outside contractors.
- Establishes and monitors standards for construction and operations of buildings.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Receives general direction and guidance working with considerable independence. Hires, develops, and evaluates professional and support staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in business administration, engineering, or related fields, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Five years of managerial experience in plant maintenance, operation, and construction work.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and proficiency in labor contract negotiations and administration.