Provide human resource services to operating units, faculty, and staff through establishing and administering integrated human resource policies, practices, and procedures for the college.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, recommends, and supports the executive implementation of policies, programs, and contemporary practices to support the college's recruitment, development, and retention needs. Insure compliance with state and federal employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Provides counsel and assistance on a range of human resource matters including conflict/grievance resolution, affirmative action/EEO, positive employee relations, collective bargaining, and performance planning and evaluation.
- Recruit, evaluate, and screen candidates to fill staff positions for the college. Refer qualified candidates to hiring managers.
- Design, recommend, and support effective administration of the college's compensation and benefits administration program.
- Develops and presents training programs to meet identified skill development needs of employing units and staff.
- Maintains accurate human resource and payroll information used in providing information and in supporting human resources records.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Receives general direction and guidance with expectation of independent functioning. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and teams. Provides direct supervision, including selection and development, of a support staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in personnel management, business, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of professional experience sufficient to demonstrate competencies with the following human resource areas: job evaluation and salary administration, labor relations and contract administration, recruiting and staffing, benefits administration, employment laws and regulation including EEO/affirmative action and worker's compensation.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and proficiency with PC applications that will support human resource information systems.