Collects, maintains, evaluates, and reports data for use in institutional research, planning, accreditation and assessment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Request, gather, and analyze data from all sectors of the college to be used in compiling and reporting strategic indicators, institutional performance, survey responses, fact books, etc. Report data to the administration and faculty to aid effective decision making across the College.
- Steward key institutional data by entering or coordinating responses to surveys and requests for college data and information.
- Support student success through research, analysis, and reporting of student data.
- Prepare reports of data collected. Analyze and interpret data for presentation to
appropriate audiences in clear, understandable format. Provide a consistent framework
of data that effectively communicates Juniata to the outside world.
- Institutional Research
- Internal Reports - Fact Book, Indicators, Common Data Set
- Annual IR Studies - Enrollment Projection, Faculty Workload, FTES/FTEF Ratios, Grad Outcomes, etc.
- External Reports - IPEDS/PDE, HEDS/AICUP, College Guides
- Institutional assessment including college-wide survey research (CIRP, YFCY, etc.) and accreditation support (Middle States, etc.)
- Academic departmental review, General Education assessment, Course assessment
- Administrative Unit review support
- Student Success/Retention
- Special projects as needed.
- Institutional Research
- Maintain databases and files on relevant topics. Solicit dated information at regular intervals from appropriate campus offices.
- Respond in a timely manner to external data requests/requirements and special studies requested by the President or senior administration.
- Act as a Juniata College information resource to the campus at large.
- Serve as assistant to Academic Periodic Assessment Committee, as committee member and resource on Strategic Planning and Campus Master Planning Committees, Middle States Steering Committee, Enrollment Management Committee, Institutional Review Board, First Year Committee, President's Cabinet, Intercultural Learning Assessment Committee, Chair of the Institutional Effectiveness Council, and as Assistant Secretary of Board of Trustees.
Works independently and receives specific assignments and directions. Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Supervises student assistants.
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through Master’s Degree or higher with 3-5 years experience in a higher education setting, and will demonstrate competence in institutional research activities.
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills, as well as experience in research and reporting, statistical analysis, and survey research. Experience with Datatel’s Colleague system is a plus.