Strengthen and maintain relationships through cultivating, soliciting and providing stewardship of annual gifts in support of the Juniata Scholarship Fund and other annual giving activities that benefit the College from all constituencies. Be the creative leader developing themes, appeals, campaigns, strategies and stewardship initiatives.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a research-based, results-driven Juniata Scholarship Fund campaign schedule to solicit on-going and increased financial support for the College utilizing mail, phone, online, social media, matching gift, personal solicitations, volunteers and stewardship strategies.
- Manages development and oversight of fundraising strategies for all other annual giving programs such as named scholarships and affinity donor programs, including but not limited to: Friends of the Library, Friends of the Field Station, Juniata Artist Series, Juniata College Museum of Art, J-CLub (Athletics), Parent Programs, and Employees Program.
- Tracks all annual giving prospects and maintains a limited portfolio of select leadership donors and key volunteers.
- Ensures that annual giving activities are coordinated with all other College Advancement programs and plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Senior Director of Development. Provides direct supervision to the Assistant Director of Annual Giving, the Annual Giving Specialist and to student assistants/Juniata Associates as required. Provides shared supervision of the Advancement Assistant - Stewardship.
- Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups, including closely with other members of the College Advancement Team, especially the Assistant Director of Development for Donor Relations & Stewardship and the Assistant Director of Major Gifts and Leadership Annual Giving.
- Knowledge and ability normally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in business, management, marketing, or another relevant subject area.
- At least three years progressively responsible administrative fund raising experience sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with: campaign planning and management, staff recruitment and supervision, and marketing and promotion. Telemarketing experience is a plus.
- Computer literacy with the knowledge and understand of the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research, and database management.
- Must be willing to travel periodically and work non-tradition hours.