The executive assistant position is responsible for providing office management and primary administrative support for the senior administrator of the College’s advancement and marketing operation, requiring considerable independent judgment and significant knowledge of advancement policies, procedures and programs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Advancement and Marketing, including coordination of staff meetings and agendas, travel planning, budget monitoring, and constituent communication.
- Provide administrative support to two Board of Trustee committees to include meeting planning and preparation, minute-taking and transcription, and meeting follow-up, as well as coordination with trustee committee chairs.
- In conjunction with the Office of the President, help coordinate and plan the off-campus Board of Trustee retreat every three years.
- Provide travel planning and campaign operation support to the development office, at the discretion of the vice president.
- Write, edit and produce documents and communication, reports, and presentations for the vice president to use with constituents.
Works with considerable independence and under general guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises student workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public relations, communications or related field.
- Experience assisting vice president or c-suite level; preferably in higher education or corporate environment.
- Confidentiality, persuasiveness, professionalism; demonstrated familiarity with philanthropy.
- Proficiency with database operation and protocols.
- Proficiency operating Microsoft Office and other office software.