The Executive Director of Marketing oversees college-wide publications and communications efforts to create a positive image of the college for internal and external audiences and to meet specific marketing objectives for constituent programs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with senior administrators to develop communications strategies for various internal and external audiences, insuring an up-to-date visual identity with consistent themes, designs, and typography.
- Directs the creative development of all print and interactive marketing projects and story telling tools such as graphics, sound, video, and animation; implementing these tools effectively into college communication streams where appropriate.
- Works within the established college identity guidelines to enforce the visual identity of Juniata fostering positive communications and relationships with campus clients.
- Utilizes market research to ensure effective communication with strategic constituencies.
Reports to the Vice President for Advancement and Marketing. Provides guidance, skills development and career support to multiple direct reports and promotes effective teamwork and communication.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is desirable. Additional training and education in marketing or design is highly desirable.
- At least seven years of experience and knowledge of high end magazine design, photography management, print, web, and interactive media production is a must, as well as a general understanding of backend web development. A portfolio of creative work demonstrating a wide range of successful marketing initiatives and collaterals is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- A team player with the proven ability to lead a staff, to develop competencies in others and to delegate responsibility.
- Advanced skills with industry standard software for Apple OS including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.