Plans, supervises, and provides grounds maintenance for the campus and college properties. Responsible for development and oversight of grounds services related projects.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for grounds services including hardscape and softscape maintenance and repairs, as well as athletic field maintenance and athletic event support.
- Responsible for assessing grounds for safety, maintenance and improvements, including developing short and long term project lists.
- Responsible for assessing grounds services for quality of services provided, safety, productivity and best practices including developing short and long term goals and objectives.
- Responsible for garbage and recycling services.
- Responsible for assessing garbage and recycling services for quality of services provided, safety, productivity and best practices including developing short and long term goals and objectives.
- Provides project management services for assigned projects.
- Responsible for supervision of direct reports including leadership, recruitment, training, development and scheduling.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility in all grounds services budget matters.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works within established procedures and guidelines. Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises architectural trades.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a high school diploma.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. College and/or trade school and/or technical training in architectural trades required.
- At least two years supervisory experience with architectural trades function sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trades functions, budget management and staff supervision.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.