To coach and direct the Men’s and Women’s Tennis Teams.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Organization and administration of successful NCAA Division III men’s and women’s tennis programs.
- Develop and implement specific training programs.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort through written, verbal and personal contact with student-athletes and their families.
- Ensure proper safety, health and fitness protocols are followed at all times by working in concert with resident NATA and NSCA professionals.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Eastern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association, and National Collegiate Athletic Association.)
Reports to the Director of Athletics and directly supervises assistant coaches, student support personnel and student-athletes.
- Bachelor Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have previous college coaching and/or playing experience and an understanding of the Division III philosophy and its role at a private liberal arts institution.
- Candidates must have experience recruiting on the collegiate level, possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, communicate effectively, and demonstrate a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment that values community.