The Head Men's Basketball Coach has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Juniata College Men's Basketball program. This includes structural and administrative organization of the program.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, recommend and implement specific training/conditioning programs and skill develop programs.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort through written, verbal and personal contact with student-athletes and their families.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition through thorough analysis and breakdown of scheduled conference and non-conference opponents.
- Recommend and enforce discipline of student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and misconduct.
- Cultivate alumni and other constituencies to further goals of basketball program, department of athletics and Juniata College.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Middle Atlantic Corporation and National Collegiate Athletic Association.)
Reports to the Director of Athletics and directly supervises assistant coaches, student support personnel and student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- A record of successful coaching experience.