Responsible for the overall development/maintenance of the Juniata College Soccer programs, NCAA Compliance for the Athletics Department, Intramural activities and liaisons with the Student Athletic Clubs. This includes structural and administrative organization of the program.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
Women’s Soccer Program
- Develop, recommend and implement specific training/conditioning programs.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort.
- Strategically schedule non-conference games and tournaments to advance the soccer programs and maximize use of financial resources while maintaining an awareness of time demands on student-athletes.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition through thorough analysis and breakdown of scheduled conference and non conference opponents.
- Recommend and enforce discipline of student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and misconduct.
- Cultivate constituencies to further goals of the soccer programs, department of athletics and the College.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the programs. This includes selection, hiring and training of assistant coaches, student assistants and game management personnel.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Landmark Conference and National Collegiate Athletic Association.)
Department of Athletics
- Direct and administratively supervise the Head Men’s Soccer Coach and maintain responsibility for the activities of that program. This includes hiring and firing of the head coach and concurrence/approval for any assistant coach hires within that program.
- Director of Intramurals, recreational and club sports. In this capacity supervise administrative staff and student employees. In this capacity will liaison with the Student Activities Office to help administer the campus clubs and organizations that use Juniata College athletics facilities.
- Assist with administration of outdoor facilities and attendant projects.
- Head search committees on request.
- Official NCAA Compliance Officer for Juniata College.
- Participate in the overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending enrollment functions, serving as event manager, assisting in hiring process, fundraising, promotions etc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
The Head Women’s Soccer Coach, Assistant Director of Athletics, a member of the administrative staff of Juniata College, reports to the Director of Athletics. The Head Soccer Coach, Assistant AD directly supervises assistant coaches, the head men’s soccer coach, student support personnel and student-athletes.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business, sports administration, or a relevant discipline and commitment to gender equity and cultural diversity.
- At least five years experience in coaching and athletic program administration sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with the following: NCAA rules and regulations, recruiting, selecting, and supervising coaches, community and public relations, budget planning and management, athletic facilities operation, student athletic recruitment and basic PC proficiency in office applications.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A record of successful coaching experience.