Plans for, teaches and supervises preschool children and practicum students in the Early Childhood Education Center.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with Director and Early Intervention Staff in design, delivery and evaluation of the program.
- Teaching, assessing and documenting children’s skill development.
- Assisting with routine maintenance and preparation of the physical environment.
- Supervising practicum and work study students.
- Leading the May program.
- Provide feedback to parents regarding their child’s experience and development.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently under general guidelines and directions. Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Supervise and direct students and volunteers.
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and certification in Early Childhood Education. Supervisory experience and background in early intervention or special education.
- At least three years teaching experience in an early childhood center sufficient to demonstrate competency and capability with: curriculum design, student practicum supervision, classroom teaching, and PC office software at least at the intermediate level.