To continue to offer the current outreach programs the Science Outreach Department presently offers and to expand our offerings of the program.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement current outreach program initiatives.
- Seek out and establish new outreach activities/programs to generate revenue.
- Lead, organize, and sometimes teach all outreach projects (i.e., camps, workshops).
- Hire and supervise student employees.
- Coordinate outreach equipment usage (on- and off-campus).
- Work with Juniata employees to establish outreach opportunities for JC students.
- Act as a consultant to solidify relationships with outreach partners and stakeholders.
This position reports to the Outreach Director.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills and team player mentality.
- A clear understanding of Juniata College’s vision, strategic plan, and mission.
- A Baccalaureate degree in Science, Education, or other suitable discipline.
- Good writing skills.
- Experience working with an outreach program.
- PA teaching certification and teaching experience.
- Grant proposal writing experience.
- Additional responsibilities may include (and not be limited to): teaching college outreach-related classes as needed or desired by Juniata College Faculty.