Processes inbound and outbound mail, distributes USPS, UPS and Fed-Ex packages, and provides customer window services typical of postal facilities.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all outgoing, incoming, and campus mail on a daily basis, following applicable postal regulations. Prepares United Parcel mailings for pick-up.
- Maintains address locations for faculty, staff, students, and offices of the college. Assign box numbers to incoming students.
- Receives and keeps cash records on stamp sales, registered mail, etc. Makes deposits in local bank. Arrange for chargeback's to user departments.
- Provides delivery of most UPS, USPS, and Fed-Ex packages to central distribution points in the various academic and administrative buildings.
- Updates patrons about postal regulations, both domestic and international.
- Advises users of bulk mailing on necessary procedures and methods of reducing costs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Operates within established regulations and procedures. Provides direct supervision to student helpers.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of work experience sufficient to demonstrate knowledge and competency with: supervision of student staff, basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office, arithmetic calculations, reading and interpretation of federal postal regulations, customer service interactions.