Ensures the timely and cost-effective provision of printing, copying, and bulk mail services for the college.
Typical Duties and Requirements
- Plans, organizes, and supervises productions process for college printing orders utilizing high speed copying, folding, and other machines associated with a print shop. Prepares bulk mailings using postal software and mailing equipment in compliance with US postal regulations. Operates and maintains all shop equipment.
- Assists customers with job layout, paper stock selection, and work order preparation. Prepares price quotation and work order changes when needed.
- Maintains print shop accounting services such as billing and p-card general ledger entries.
- Assists with departmental purchase orders, excel and access database maintenance, and other general office duties.
- Maintains department inventory, ordering needed inventory as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works within established procedures and deadlines applying judgment and discretion in the delivery of services. Must work cooperatively with diverse customers and vendors. Supervises student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate computer and data entry skills with experience in Microsoft Office software. Adobe software knowledge a plus. Basic accounting skills.
- Organizational ability with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Demonstrated positive communication and customer service skills. Ability to work independently in a changing environment.