The Senior Operations Specialist – Communications Manager works closely with the Associate Dean of Admission – Communications to coordinate the processing of data, printing of publications and letters, and distribution of communications to prospective students. This requires understanding of complex communication workflows and how to manage those in an Enterprise Resource Planning (Datatel) or Constituent Resource Management (CRM) software environments. It is critical that the individual in this role be detail oriented. Quality deliverable materials are critical and insured by checking the accuracy of source data, contact information, and execution of work. Juniata’s Enrollment cycle commences with an annual purchase of 130,000 to 150,000 student names. The Senior Operations Specialist is responsible for managing this data in the Enrollment database – which includes importing, cleaning, and de-duplicating the data.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Communications Team to manage the processing, publication, storage, and distribution of letters and print publications to constituents.
- Collaborates with Enrollment Division offices (Admission, Research & Data, and Student Financial Aid) on mass communications (print and electronic).
- Imports and manages search and prospect data in Datatel and Constituent Relationship Management system.
- Maintain the Datatel Communications Management (CM) and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) communications processes.
- Annually review and update the Enrollment Communications calendar.
- Duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Director of Enrollment Operations.
- Either an Associates Degree or High School Diploma with significant related work experience, including database management, reporting, and execution.
- Experience with Slate, Ellucian (formerly Datatel) or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Possess strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse constituency.
- A commitment to liberal arts education and cultural diversity.