The Strength & Fitness Coordinator has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Juniata College Fitness Center.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Varsity Athletes are primary responsibility. Students, faculty, staff and members fall under general umbrella of responsibility.
- Hiring student employees, interns, and assistant coach.
- Monitor/limit access to fitness center to Juniata students, staff and members; request key pad numbers for student assistants and assistant coach; remove patrons who do not comply with fitness center rules and regulations; track usage via a sign-in system.
- Designs programs for teams and athletes at his discretion; collaborate with coaches and Head ATC Trainer to monitor strength, fitness and rehabilitation programs for NCAA athletes and teams.
- Stay abreast of current advances in physiology and kinesiology of human performance.
- Supervise and perform routine daily, weekly, monthly yearly maintenance of equipment.
- Follow thorough with vendors to assure compliance with maintenance contracts.
- Develop positive relationships with vendors.
- Schedule repairs and maintenance of equipment on an as-needed basis.
- Recommend replacement of and additions to equipment as pieces become outdated, insufficient or nonfunctional.
- Work with Juniata custodial/maintenance staff to keep facility clean, disinfected and attractive.
- Establish guidelines for appropriate music selections and volumes.
Reports to the Director of Athletics and supervises assistant coaches, student assistants, patrons of Brumbaugh Fitness Center and Fitness Center Annex.
- NSCA certification.
- Experience at Collegiate level.
- Bachelor’s degree required.