Plan, coordinate and implement front-end web development and content for the Juniata College web site and social media outlets.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the continuing evolution of Juniata’s web site through the planning and execution of all content, design and front-end development objectives.
- Constantly improve content throughout the entire web site with the use of video, new technology, writing, message, etc.
- Lead, train and hire a revolving staff of student developers, writers and videographers as well as two JA positions: Social Media Manager and Front-End Project Website Manager.
- Work with campus clients, including admission, alumni, development and all academic and administrative departments to plan and coordinate web projects.
- Utilize Social Media to engage Juniata's core audiences online. Post content on Facebook and Twitter to incite user comments, likes, and followers.
- Train and support web content editors in academic and administrative departments (55+ users).
- Implement and monitor the use of web standards on all web pages.
- Maintain accessibility for all web pages.
- Function as a web writer and editor on all projects, focusing on scanability and readability.
- Use web analytics to improve navigation and assist clients in meeting their web objectives.
- Assist in other aspects of the marketing operation when assigned.
Receives general direction and guidance. Must work collaboratively and supportively with other individuals and groups. Hires, trains and supervises student front-end web developers, writers and videographers. Hires, trains, and supervises student developers and writers as well as two JA positions: Social Media Manager and Front-End Website Project Manager.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong writing ability and creative design skills, especially in the area of front-end web development. Knowledge of photography and experience in graphic design required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Experience in client relationship management will be very important.
- Ability to work as part of a strong team committed to advancing marketing initiatives.
- Intimate knowledge of web standards and accessibility required.